Wearing Forever 21 cropped tank top, CO. by Cotton On Gold Faux Leather Pleat Skirt, Sandals from online shop, Lovisa ear accessories, Alive & Live Belem Rhinestone Necklace
Photos by Haikel S.
As you should know, your hair completes your look. It changes your face entirely, and it is fundamental to a person's confidence.
TONI&GUY has long been known as an innovator within the hair industry, bridging the gap between high fashion and hairdressing. Their newest addition to their product range is the Hair Meet Wardrobe series. With four different product lines - Casual, Classic, Glamour and Creative - these hardworking, multi-tasking products all serve different needs to meet your wardrobe demands for different occasions.
I've recently taken on Toni & Guy's Hair Meet Wardrobe challenge to create four different look based on their four product lines. So every weekend, I will be posting a hair tutorial on how to style short hair, together with my corresponding look.
For a weekend casual look, I have gone easy separates - a crop highneck tank top balanced off with an A- line gold pleat faux leather skirt. This look is easy to throw on for a trip out with friends, and is also great for Singapore's current hot and hazy weather. To match my outfit, I have chosen to keep my short hair natural looking, but with a bit more texture and movement.
Here's how to achieve the look -
Tools of the trade (in order of sequence):
1. Prep - Heat Protecting Mist
2. Prep - Volume Pumping Mousse
3. Casual - Sea Salt Texturizing Spray
4. Casual - Flexible Hold Hairspray
- Towel-dry your hair first. To wet-damp hair, apply the Heat Protecting Mist, which helps to protect your hair against uneven heat spots during blow-dry.
- Apply Volume Pumping Mousse from the roots to the tips of your hair to give it some volume and hold, which makes your hair easier to style into the desired look you want later on.
- Use your hair dryer to blow-dry. I'm using my trusty Phillips hairdryer with ionizing technology.
- Spray the Sea Salt Texturizing Spray thoroughly from root to tip and then scrunch up your hair as you go along to create natural movement and a more emphasized layered, textured look. This spray is suitable for all hair types and perfect for achieving a lived-in, beach look.
- You can use your fingers to backcomb your hair or scrunch your hair up with your fists.
- Finally, finish up with Flexible Hold Hairspray to set in the look.
I hope you try this look out and let me know how it goes for you :)
LIKE this look? Please vote for me on TONI&GUY's page!