Images above all taken in boutique Somewhere along Jalan Raya in Seminyak.
Seminyak is really good for shopping, especially for swimwear and 'Cruise' summer collections. The whole area around Jalan Raya and its surrounding roads are lined with independent boutiques of both local and international designers. As this is my first time in Seminyak and I didn't really get much time to walk around the shopping district (I only walked along the stretch of Jalan Raya), I can't really offer specific recommendations of shops.
I suggest you walk around and wander about on your own because there are treasures to be found! I went into quite a few Australian boutiques selling really gorgeous and comfortable crochet dresses and beautiful accessories, but the price points are generally quite high.
However, one thing I would recommend you to buy is the authentic snakeskin accessories. The snakeskin is generally obtained from Sumatra (another part of Indonesia) and are made into beautiful handbags, wallets and even boots. I regretted not buying a new wallet when I was there!
Above: An Instagram account of my trip
For food, here's a brief list of places that I went to:
- Pavone, Legian Jalan Padma Utara No 4, for Australian styled breakfast cooked to perfection and with really generous portions and affordable price tags
- Pak Malen, Seminyak Sunset Road cross junction, for Babi Guling (BBQ suckling pig). Lots of locals come here to buy a lot for takeaway!
- Malioboro Restaurant, Kuta Jl Kediri No 50 I-J Tuban, for really really delicious soft bone chicken. Cooked so soft, the texture of the bones of the chicken feels like mashed potatoes!
- Jimbaran Bay seafood restaurants. A whole row of restaurants lights up at night along Jimbaran Bay, selling fresh seafood brought in by the fishermen during the day. Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner of grilled seafood with the waves in the background and the sand between your toes.
- Clear Cafe, Ubud Jalan Haloman, specializes in healthy, vegetarian meals that will make you leave the dining estate like a cleansed man.
- Bebek Tepi Sawah, Ubud Jalan Goa Gajah, for their signature grilled or fried duck paired with super spicy Indonesia chili
- Naughty Nuri's, Ubud Jl. Raya Sanggingan, famous for its delicious BBQ pork ribs. Really really the ultimate!
- Street food - don't be afraid to try small roadside stalls/pushcarts selling streetfood! I recommend Bakso Soup ('fake' meatball soup) and Teglang Bulang (giant pancake), which are my favourites.